How To Clean Lenses More Conveniently?
Properly cleaning your glasses will keep them always looking new?
To help you on your cleaning journey, EFE OPTICAL has put together some helpful ways of cleaning your glasses.
Warm Water and Dish Soap
- · Using warm water and dish soap is the most effective and safest way to clean dirt or smudges on your blue light blocking glasses. Keep in mind that very cold or very hot water could permanently damage your frames and lenses so make sure you only use warm or lukewarm water.
- · First, rinse your glasses with warm water. Then, put a dab of dish soap on each of your lenses and gently rub them in a circular motion with your fingers until there’s a decent amount of foam. Make sure to rub the soap all around the frame as well.
- · To get between all the crevices, use a cotton swab or a soft-bristled toothbrush (no hard bristles!). If you decide to use the soft-bristled toothbrush, try to avoid the lenses as much as possible.
- · Once you’re done washing your glasses with soap, rinse off all the soap and make sure your lenses are clear. If not, wash them again using the same process.
- · If there are still tiny pieces of debris stuck in the crevices after you rinse your glasses, use a toothpick to gently and carefully remove the remaining debris.
- · To dry and polish your glasses, use a microfiber cloth on both lenses, nose pads and the entire frame.
- · Eyeglass cleaners consist of a liquid solution specially made for cleaning glasses. They’re cheap and easy to find (pharmacies, grocery stores, eyewear retailers, online shops) which makes them a great cleaning option, especially if you’re out and about running errands, going to an event, meeting friends at a restaurant etc.
- · If you have anti-reflective (AR) glasses, make sure the cleaner you use is safe to use on AR coating by checking the label. If you use the wrong cleaner, you could permanently damage your lenses and you definitely don’t want that!
- · All you need to do is spray eyeglass cleaner all over your glasses. To wash away all the dirt and debris, make sure every part of the lens and frame is covered with the cleaner.
- · Take a microfiber cloth and rub it all over your glasses in a circular motion to remove all of the cleaning solutions and make sure they’re dry.
Following a glasses Care Routine
· “Keeping an eye” on your glasses on a daily basis will help you keep them clean, prevent scratches and ensure they function for as long as possible. Check them every morning when you wake up or evening when you go to bed. If they get dirty throughout the day, clean them as soon as you get the chance.
· In addition to cleaning them on a regular basis, using a protective glasses case will also ensure your glasses’ longevity. Don’t just throw them on your bed, bathroom counter or desk, even if it’s a soft surface. You could accidentally scratch them, or worse, break them.
· You should also clean what you use to clean your glasses. Microfiber cloths should be washed frequently, after all, they collect dirt, grease and debris that stay on your glasses. Depending on the type of microfiber cloth (check the label), you can wash them by hand or in your washing machine.
· Cleaning your glasses may seem simple, but there are a lot of things you need to consider.
You may also want to read:
5 Tips To Keep Glasses From Fogging Up With A Mask